The Phoenix IDE
The three main components of the Phoenix IDE, the Start Page, Form Designer,
and Code Editor are unmatched in the PowerBASIC domain.
The Phoenix Form Designer
The Phoenix Form Designer offers many unique features. For example, it is the only form designer for the PowerBASIC Windows compiler that offers
The Code Editor
- A WYSIWYG menu editor and the means to assign and check menu mnemonics.
- Snap To Line technology for easy control layout.
- True seamless integration of ActiveX controls with access to the properties of the controls at design-time.
- Embedding of controls within other controls at design-time.
- Numerous property editors to initialize controls with data at design-time.
- Automatic creation of fully resizeable windows, no need to fiddle around with tedious layout rules.
The Phoenix Code Editor is unmatched in the PowerBASIC domain. For example, it offers
- Syntax and user-defined code folding.
- Code Snippet Manager.
- Code snippets with replacements. No need for Find/Replace after inserting a snippet.
- Autocompletes long variable and function names.
- IntelliSense with unparallel support for PowerBASIC objects and ActiveX controls.
- Tooltips for the word under the cursor.